Mr. Marlin represents clients in a variety of industries, including banking and finance, large corporations, small businesses and municipalities. He has successfully handled complex litigation in many areas of civil litigation, including loan enforcement and defense, other financial services industry disputes, commercial contractual disputes and tort claims, non-competition and trade secret enforcement, toxic tort litigation, and federal employment discrimination litigation (representing municipalities). His practice also includes real estate closings, as well as real estate litigation, including foreclosure confirmation actions, condemnation and zoning matters, landlord/tenant issues and receiverships. In addition, Mr. Marlin frequently represents commercial and residential property owners in real estate and personal property tax appeals.
Mr. Marlin has an established track record of bringing adversarial parties to agreement, and leading by example. He is an effective and efficient advocate throughout the litigation process, securing summary judgment dismissals, discovery victories and favorable settlements for his clients. He has a reputation that is built on resolving issues and being an excellent negotiator, but also aggressively representing his clients’ position when needed to achieve their goals. Mr. Marlin’s ability to balance the objectives of his clients in any situation and the drive to contribute to a favorable result for clients has resulted in repeated success throughout his years in practice.
Mr. Marlin is a native of Savannah, and enjoys giving back to his community by participating in various non-profit and quasi-governmental boards throughout Savannah. He served in the Georgia Air National Guard throughout his years in college and law school, deploying overseas for Operation Enduring Freedom in 2002 and within the U.S. for Hurricane Katrina relief in 2005.
- Armstrong Atlantic State University (B.A., Political Science, 2004)
- Mercer University (J.D., 2007)
- State Bar of Georgia, Executive Committee of State Young Lawyers Division, 2014-2016
- State Bar of Georgia Ad Hoc Committee on Records Retention, Present
- State Bar of Georgia Lawyer Assistance Program Committee, Present
- Past President of Savannah Bar Association Young Lawyer Division
- Member of executive committee for Savannah Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Leadership Savannah Graduate, 2015
- Savannah Magazine Generation NEXT Rising Stars of Business, 2015
- Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Stars – Business Litigation, 2017 & 2018
- Georgia State and Superior Courts
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Southern District of Georgia
- United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Savannah Economic Development Authority, Board Member, 2018-Present
- Chatham County Zoning Board of Appeals, Board Member since 2011, Chairman 2014 – Present
- America’s Second Harvest of Coastal Georgia, Board of Directors since 2009, President 2014 & 2015
- Bethesda Academy, Board of Governors, 2015-Present, Current Board Secretary
- Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2016 – Present
- Savannah Area Business PAC, Board Member, 2015-Present
- Chatham Emergency Services, Board Member 2018-Present
- Small Business Assistance Corporation, Loan Committee, 2016-Present
- United Way of the Coastal Empire, Member of Beacon Society
- Savannah Chatham Citizen Advocacy, Board of Directors, 2009 -2015
- Toastmasters International Savannah Club 705, President, 2009-2010
- Savannah Early Childhood Foundation, Board Member, 2012-2014
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Sigma Pi Phi Fraternity